The EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR is the key management leader of Ark Valley Helping Hands. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
• Responsible for leading Ark Valley Helping Hands in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board at monthly Board meetings and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support Ark Valley Helping Hand’s mission.
Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Ark Valley Helping Hands, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
Responsible for implementation of Ark Valley Helping Hands programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Ark Valley Helping Hands can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
Responsible for the enhancement of Ark Valley Helping Hand’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
Enhance community’s commitment to equitable social determinants of health, such as housing, access to healthy food, access to active living and good quality of life.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
Responsible for effective administration of Ark Valley Helping Hands operations.
Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization as approved by the Board.
1.Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
2.Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
3. Strategic planning and implementation.
4. Planning and operation of annual budget.
5. Serve as Ark Valley Helping Hands primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
6. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Ark Valley Helping Hands Mission.
7. Engage in fundraising and developng other revenues.
8. Oversee marketing nad other communication efforts.
9. Oversee organization Board and ommittee meetings.
10. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
11. Review and approve contracts for services.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Professional Qualifications Needed
A bachelor’s degree.
Five or more years nonprofit management experience.
Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s
strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
Active fundraising experience. A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and
improving financial results. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding
Solid organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task
Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making
Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong public speaking ability.
Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Proven experience with technology to develop websites, work with databases and expand
awareness in social media and the community.
Current driver’s license and proof of insurance is required. Individual will need to complete an acceptable background check.
Visit website www.arkvalley.helpfulvillage.com to learn more.
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2020.