Ark Valley Helping Hands is looking for an Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative and programmatic tasks. Responsibilities include effectively communicating with the executive director, members, volunteers and the general public; assisting with special projects and events; scheduling interviews and warm welcomes; maintaining the database; and handling all incoming calls and requests. The ideal candidate enjoys working within a small, mission-driven, nonprofit organization. He/she will work independently in his/her home office; must be flexible, personable and able to juggle many hats.
This position requires flexible hours, which may involve occasional evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage info email account and main phone line.
- Oversee and monitor service requests to ensure needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Manage the database, including donations and contract information.
- Assist with volunteer program:
- Help recruit volunteers and schedule interviews.
- Run background checks.
- Obtain copy of necessary documentation.
- Help recruit members and schedule warm welcomes.
- Provide assistance for events, service days and distribution of care packages.
- Write thank you notes to donors and community members.
- Retrieve mail from P.O. Box.
- Meet regularly with ED.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Experience working with older adults in a community setting.
- Nonprofit experience or similar experience.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Reliable, flexible, and comfortable working with older adults and community members.
- Knowledge of Word, spreadsheet programs and Google Drive.
- Able to work at a computer for several hours at a time.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, and repeatedly get up and down during the workday.
- Good driving record.
Temporary, part-time position: 20 hours per week for 6 months. $20 an hour.
Target start date is Monday, Nov. 15, 2021. At the end of the 6-month period, AVHH will consider extending employment.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume by Friday, Oct. 29 to firstname.lastname@example.org.